Singapore: 21st Nov - 27th Nov 2006

I stopped over in Singapore on my way back from Egypt and had Marissa and my sister, Christina, meet up with us to spend a week there together. It was a wonderful week of food, shopping, food, day spa treatments, food, fun and food!

Wednesday 22nd November
Having arrived at the airport the night before and meeting up with Marissa and Christina, we settled into my Aunty's apartment that we were staying at. In the morning we got up early and headed out for the day. We decided to go to Sentosa, thinking we'd spend the day there at the water parks etc. Unfortunately, the last time I had been to Sentosa was over ten years ago so when we got to the ticket booth, we found out that the water park had actually been closed many years haha. We went to Sentosa anyways. We went by cable car and chose a 'glass cable car' which has a transparent glass base. Marissa and Christina are afraid of heights, while I love the exhilaration of being up high. We ended up spending most of the day at the Sentosa Spa Botanica. Absolute exotic heaven!!


Thursday 23rd November
Today we went to the famous Raffles Hotel and enjoyed a delicious high tea in the Tiffin room. We then had a Singapore Sling in the bar afterwards. Later in the evening we headed to Chimes and had cocktails. For dinner we went to the Marina Quay to indulge in a huge seafood dinner...we three spent $450!! Needless to say everyone sitting near us were looking on in disbelief as we got the VIP treatment haha.



Marissa feeling content after eating our big meal....Marissa realising just how much she ate...heehee


Friday 24th November
We spent the morning shopping, where Marissa got her Tagheur (however you spell it!) watch. For lunch we went to a hawker centre nearby for food, then did more shopping. We went for a reflexology massage in the afternoon and then to Newton Circus (a 24 hour seafood hawker centre) for dinner. We partied at a pub called 'One Night Stand' at Marina Quay late into the night.


Saturday 25th November
We walked through the Bugis Markets in the morning to get to the Bugis Hawker Centre where I was salivating to have beef noodles. Marissa and Christina were stopping to try nearly everything edible in the markets so I got hungry and had a bah-ku-teh egg. BIG MISTAKE...but we'll get into that later.

We did some more shopping and headed to Orchard Road. By the time we got back to the apartment in the afternoon, I was feeling really really sick. When I couldn't stop throwing up, I soon realised that I must have contracted food poisoning. My money is on that egg! At my insistence, Marissa and Christina went out to dinner in the evening with my cousins to see his new apartment while I stayed home with a cold damp towel on my forehead, puking my guts out.

Sunday 26th November
Feeling much better today, we went out and fit in some visits with family in between our shopping and eating. We decided to check into a hotel for our last night so that we could enjoy a bit of indulgence. My cousin took us out to dinner at Marina Quay but I could hardly keep anything down as I was still feeling queasy. Marissa was ecstatic at her fresh coconut juice she ordered!

David (my cousin) then took us for a boat ride down the Marina Quay and we had some high tea at a little gorgeous victorian tea place. We later retired to the hotel and I couldn't sleep, as what I assumed was gastroenteritis, got worse. We ended up calling the doctor out to give me an ass injection (haha). Lucky I got travel insurance!!


Monday 27th November
Our last day! We took all our luggage back to the Spa Botanica on Sentosa and spend the day getting spa treatments. When it was time for us to head to the airport, it started pouring! We got to the airport where a few of my cousins came to see us off. All in all it was a great holiday and I'm heading back again in February with Marissa and her sister, Teresa. We'll also be meeting Christina and her friend there. YUM!

No comments: