Merry Christmas! After having only several hours of sleep, I got up to start preparing lunch. Jocelyn had flown back from her overseas holiday last night and Christina was home so it was nice to have us three sisters sitting down to lunch on Christmas Day.
Our feast consisted of:
Oysters with Red Onion, Lime & Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
Grilled Blue Spot Emperor Fillets
Warm Potato Salad with a Mustard Vinagrette
After lunch, I felt so lethargic due to the heat and ended up napping with Simba through till the evening. Feeling hungry (of course), I made some pasta with the left over prawns and lobster from lunch. The following is how I made this particular pasta:
Prawn & Lobster Pasta
- Boil a pot of water to cook pasta while making sauce.
- Heat olive oil in pan and sautee chopped garlic, chilli flakes and basil.
- Stir in tomato paste/pesto.
- Add chopped zucchini and tomatoes.
- Add the lobster, prawns, a handful of halved cherry tomatoes and al dente spaghetti.
- Toss all the ingredients together for a few minutes.
- Serve with pecorino.