Monday 17th Dec '07

MELBOURNE - day four (returning home)

On the way to the airport, we had breakfast at a little cafe in the Hardware Lane Precinct. I was really disappointed with my Big Breakfast. The bacon was overcooked, the spinach and mushrooms were bland, the breakfast was served with a side of some sort of relish. It tasted like a Mexican bean dip. Very disappointing.


At the airport, I bought three dozen Krispy Kremes as per the orders from work friends. I have never had one myself, even though I walked past one about ten times a day in the hotel I stayed at in Las Vegas. They just never appealed to me. They were a staple for Markus while we were there - he'd wake up in the morning and find one he'd bought the day before and be munching on that for breakfast. I felt like such a knob walking around the airport with a Krispy Kreme environmental green bag full of donuts.

As it's nearing Christmas, the Virgin flights are allowing its passengers to view the pay TV for free. On the way there, I had watched a bit of the food and lifestyle channels but napped most of the time. On my flight back, my eyes were glued to the screen watching the cooking shows. I am going to cure my own bacon. They made it look so simple!

After work, I was hungry as the cleaner had thrown out my half eaten pizza and garlic bread I'd had delivered from Chelsea's so I finally succumbed to the Krispy Kreme craze. I have to say...it was yummy!! The dough was alot lighter than I expected. I had one with a chocolate glaze and vanilla cream inside. Really hit the spot.

Overall, I had a great time in Melbourne. I love these little getaways. Nothing like a weekend of food and relaxation to get you rested up to return to work. Singapore is just over a month away now...

No comments: