Sunday 16th Dec '07

MELBOURNE - day three

After a bit of a sleep in, I headed out to the Queen Victoria Markets and fell in love with the food there!! In one area they have all the gourmet stores with a huge selection of cold meats, cheeses, antipasto, tea, sweets, etc. I wish I could have bought some of the fresh meat and seafood to cook up a storm. I wish Marissa had been there with me...we would have spent all day trying out all the antipasto until being kicked out.


As I was heading out of the markets, I got a call from Shane saying he was on the train and heading into the city. We caught up at Young & Jacksons where I also met a couple of Shane's friends living in Melbourne, Tim and Helen. Liz also came into the city and we all went to lunch in Southbank. I forget the name of the restaurant but I had a few forkfuls of spaghetti bolognaise (I had had a craving for pasta) and spent the rest of the afternoon having Berry Good Night and Pimms cocktails.


After a quick stop at the hotel to get changed and re-energised, I went to the Watergrill restaurant again and was greeted as if I were a VIP customer. So special!

I wasn't very hungry but ordered a few things that I had been eyeing in the menu last night.

starter: Natural Oysters
entree: Seafood Chowder
main: Soft Shell Crab
dessert: Sorbet


I had actually ordered the Garlic Prawns but they made a mistake but I was happy to have the crab. They looked sooo adorable on the plate that even if I were hungry, I would not have wanted to eat them.

No comments: