Sunday 2nd Dec '07

After another terrible day at work (still on the pain meds that make me want to throw up all day), I managed to drive myself home on a can of 'Mother' energy drink. By the time I was home, I was awake and feeling better after all the fresh air from having the windows rolled down in the car. I got changed and went out in the garden and raked the exposed sand where we've removed the lawn so far. The idea was to not do anything strenuous so as not to aggravate my neck more, but the longer I stayed out there, the more tempted I was to start hacking away at the remaining lawn. So...I took the eagerly awaiting Simba for a quick walk around the block.

All I've had to eat all day is Smith's Salt & Vinegar potato chips. They're the only thing I've really been able to stomach with all the nausea. But I made a lasagne with some bolognaise sauce my mum had lying around in the fridge, and minestrone soup. Need to clear the stuff in the fridge since everyone is going away on holidays soon.

I usually like to add layers of vegetables in my lasagne to make it a more wholesome meal. Zucchini, eggplant and mushroom are great to use. I only had mushrooms available tonight. I always make the meat sauce (it doubles really well as a pasta sauce) but keep a jar of store-bought bechemel sauce in the pantry. Layer all the ingredients amongst lasagne sheets, with the last layer being bechemel sauce. I then sprinkle grated parmesan over the top so that it goes golden brown in the oven.

Here's one I prepared earlier...haha


My dinner tonight...home-made minestrone soup with a serve of the lasagne. It was a bit sloppy because I was too impatient to let it rest for a while after removing it from the oven.

No comments: