Saturday 1st Dec '07

I sprained my neck really bad after gardening on Thursday and called in sick Friday. I had to wait till my mum got home from work to drive me to the doctors to get some painkillers. She then took me to a chinese herbalist in Canning Vale where I got an impromptu acupuncture session. Eep! My very first time. After spending most of Friday as an invalid at home, I stuck today out at work even though I felt like puking every five minutes from the painkillers.

Sarah came over to keep me company after work and we decided we'd do some baking. One thing led to another and we ended baking all night. I love cooking when I'm stressed, depressed, or have nothing better to do. It's extremely therapeutic and relaxing.



Top Left: Mini Raspberry & Coconut Muffins
Bottom Right: Spicy Gingerbread Cookies


We didn't have any gingerbread man cookie cutters and hand-shaping them proved to be too time consuming so my mum found her old cookie cutters and we used them. It brought back memories watching Sarah cut out cookies in the shapes that my mum used to make for my sisters and I growing up. Our cookies are in several different colours as we had to bake in multiple batches. The darker ones were in the oven a little longer than the rest and are crunchier.

Sarah's hand-sculpted star from the dough remnants.


My hand-sculpted gingerbread man makes it to the peak of Muffin Mountain.

No comments: