Monday 24th Dec '07

Christmas Eve Dinner with the Pelle Family

Tonight, Marissa and her family welcomed me to their home to share in their family's Christmas Eve dinner.

Having had to work during the day, I had no time to prepare anything to bring so instead I managed to get a hold of a couple of decent sized cooked lobsters. Teresa worked her culinary magic and whipped up a delicious dressing for them, using lemon, parsley, chilli, garlic and olive oil. I was helping with preparing the lobster and donned one of Mrs Pelle's aprons for the rest of the night.

Matching aprons!

Marinating the lobster

We feasted on:
starter: Anchovy, Sundried Tomato $ Cheese pastries
(I absolutely loved these!!!)

Italian Baked Fish (Baklava?)
Greek Salad
Baby Octopus
Cooked Prawns
Marinated Lobster
Choy's Satays & Chicken Wings


Teresa's Mango Pudding Dessert

After dinner, although not being religious, I attended midnight mass with Marissa, Teresa and Mr Pelle to participate in the spirit of Christmas and partake in the Christmas carols. Afterwards, we had a few nightcaps back at home - Teresa's homemade Lemon Cello - before I sought a taxi to get me home to bed at about 4am.

No comments: