Sunday 11th Nov '07

Wine Tasting River Cruise

After a few hours of sleep, I woke up at about 6am and my left eye felt like it was out of the socket. It had puffed up and I couldn't close my eyelid over it. I got my dad to drive me to the ER at Royal Perth, where I waited a few hours to finally be seen by a cute registrar by the name of Jean Paul (I'm guessing that's how you spell it). I had to stifle a giggle when it reminded me of the Jean Paul I met in Chicago. So...I was at the hospital for several hours for them to finally tell me they didn't know what was wrong but suspected an allergic reaction or dry eyes. Right...

I got home and tried hopelessly to sleep in the increasing heat. I finally got out of bed with a massive headache and took some panadol. Then I got ready to head out to the wine tasting river cruise that got rescheduled from last weekend. I was really looking forward to it because it would be really lovely on the water in this heat.

Being the last few groups that day for the wine tasting, we had the whole boat pretty much to ourselves. I think the heat of the day, my lack of sleep and the headache were all too much for me and I succumbed to seasickness during the cruise. Everytime the boat turned, we'd lurch from side to side. It would have been great if I had been feeling better. Lunch resurfaced.

Feeling much better after the cruise, we made the pleasant stroll into Northbridge for dinner. The restaurant we wanted to eat at was closed, so we went to Billy Lee's. Afterwards, we said goodbye to Cameron and we caught a taxi to Marissa's house where my sister was waiting to pick me up. We ended up going inside for a cuppa.

Marissa and I passed out on the couch from exhaustion at the end of the night

No comments: