Tuesday 6th Nov '07

For lunch today I made one of my favourite creamy pastas. Here's a quick recipe guide. I cook 'freestyle' in that I don't measure the ingredients I use and I don't follow straight from recipes. I use whatever ingredients I have available and I add quantities to achieve the sort of flavour I want.
Smoked Salmon Farfalle:

1. Boil a pot of water to cook the farfalle while you make the pasta sauce.
2. In a pan, heat some olive oil to sautee chopped garlic, chilli flakes & basil.
3. When garlic begins to go brown, add white wine and simmer.
4. Add sliced zucchini & mushrooms and let simmer until soft.
5. Pour in cream and stir.
6. Farfalle should be cooked by now, strain and add to sauce along with slice smoked salmon, spinach & onion (these are added last because they don't take long to cook and I like a little crunch left in my onion).
7. Toss pasta through sauce to coat and then serve with parmesan.

You can change the vegetables and use different things to change the dish subtly - i.e. broccoli instead of zucchini; pinenuts; use tomato paste to make it a creamy tomato sauce; chicken instead of salmon.
~~*~*~*~*~~

To celebrate Ben's new job, we went to dinner at John Rifici & Sons Cafe, otherwise known to the locals as Rifo's.
Salsicca - Italian sausage with sheep's fetta and kalamatta olives...well, what's left of it anyway


Left (Saz's Main):Alinka's Delight - Scotch fillet with a peppery peppercorn gravy.
Right (Sez's Main):Beef 'n' Reef - Scotch fillet with prawns and a mushroom gravy.


Ben's Main Course x 2: Sorrento Pizza - covered in yummy seafood, & a 'Meatlovers' pizza

Ben - *gasp* "How am I going to eat all this!?"


Afterwards we went to Fresh Provisions and bought some fresh fruit to have a platter when we got back to Ben & Sarah's place.

Spot Conan...

No comments: