Sunday 20th Jan '08

Upon getting home from dinner last night, I stayed at Marissa's halfway-house. We were all so tired, we all pitched in to make up the futon bed and all went our separate ways to pass out. In the morning, Marissa had to go to work, but Teresa made me a delicious breakfast - sorta like an omelette with her pepperonata and poached eggs underneath. Yum Yum Yum!! I am sooo spoiled when I stay over there!

After breakfast Teresa and I went to Charlie's for some shopping. I stocked up on:

panchetta
prosciutto
a similar meat that tastes like bacon (at Teresa's recommendation)
grated pecorino
goat's cheese
provolone
bocconcini
Italian bread


They'll make an Italian out of me yet!

After dropping Teresa off, I went to pick up Sarah and we headed into the city for our eagerly awaited day spa treatment at Ella Bache. Being Sarah's first day spa, she was really excited! I couldn't wait for the pampering.

After almost four hours of relaxation, we walked to a few Japanese restaurants for dinner, but they were all closed! What is it with Japanese restaurants being closed on the particular days Sarah and I try to go to one!?? Even the ones in Victoria Park were closed, except for Kabuki. We were so thankful we managed to find somewhere to get our Japanese fix. Of course, I ordered the Unagi Don, Sarah ordered the Katsu Chicken Don Set and we shared a serving of Salmon Sashimi.


Later at home, Jocelyn was making a cake for her friend's birthday and because it was last minute, we had to make do decorating it with some lollies she found in the pantry.

I made a loch ness monster out of an Allen's snake.

No comments: