Wednesday 19th Mar '08

This afternoon I took Simba for a walk. When we got home, he headed straight for his water bowl as usual. I went to the fridge to find his can of dog food to feed him. There was only a bit left so I opened up a 'My Dog' meal. I usually only give him these once in a while or when I've made a yummy dinner and I won't want him to miss out on something special. Just look at it - it actually looks edible...for humans. Chicken Supreme with Cheese. I was tempted...


After feeding Simba, I set about making my chicken rolls for a snack. I rolled some prosciutto and cheddar cheese (I had no fetta) in chicken thigh pieces and tied them up to hold the 'roll' shape. In the oven for about forty minutes, and voila! Yummy served warm or cold.


For dinner I made pasta with CLAMS. This is my first time ever cooking with clams. I have had no luck at all in finding some cockles for the past two weeks, so when the seafood store in Thornlie Square had one last packet of clams, I snatched them up! They are pretty much the same as the cockles, except they have a larger, thicker shell.


I made a platter with some cold meats and 'giant baked beans' for supper. It's all pretty much gone now...so it's bed time.



*waddles off to bed

No comments: