Sunday 6th Apr '08

Today Marie and I went to Ling and Shallen's place for lunch. We sat down to a delicous gourmet salad with mixed salad leaves, roasted pumpkin and chicken.


My mum usually makes me Shark Fin Soup once a year for my birthday because it's one of my all time favourite foods. Yes, I know I should be taking a stance and boycotting it to help save the sharks in the world...but it's oh so so delicious *sigh*

The longest I've had to wait for this delicacy was three years. My mum promised each year to make it for me for my birthday but was always too busy to get around to making it. When she finally did, boy was it worth it!

Tonight's shark fin soup tasted funny because my Mum made it different to every other time she's made it. It just wasn't the same and instead of polishing off what they had left for me, I only had one bowl. I found out later that my mum had added some left over eggwhites from some other dish she was making and it had not cooked at the same consistency that the egg white usually does. Bugger.

No comments: