Wednesday 30th Jul '08

After work today I decided I wanted something soupy for dinner. I had half a red capsicum in the fridge and a few sheets of bean curd 'skin' so decided to make yong tau fu. I had some chicken and fish mince left over from all the steamboat nights so I defrosted that in the microwave. I used the mince to 'stuff' pieces of capsicum and rolled it up in the sheets of been curd.



For the soup I used some garlic and soy sauce. I threw in some chinese vegetables, brought the soup to a boil and added the yong tau fu. The bee hoon went in last for a few minutes. Serve with fresh chopped chilli and lots of coriander.


For supper, I made more soup! Served with grated pecorino, coriander and chilli.

Chicken & Vegetable Soup
garlic
onion
fennel
celery
carrot
chicken thigh
shell pasta
rosemary


Garlic & Pecorino on Crostini
garlic
grated pecorino
rosemary
olive oil


Christina was baking tonight and since I was in the mood for something sweet, I eagerly awaited a slice of chocolate cake!

Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
served with Vanilla Ice Cream

No comments: