Saturday 15th Nov '08

Diary of a House-Sitter: DAY TWELVE


I woke up early and did some tidying up at my friend's house. They will be back tonight. There wasn't much to clean...just emptying the bins and vacuuming the place. Afterwards, I went home and much to my annoyance, ended up vacuuming and cleaning up there as well since it was obvious my sisters had not bothered to help out around the house during the week.

Afterwards, I went to run a few errands since I will be flying out to Geraldton tomorrow. I went to Carousel first to get some DMC threads for my cross stitch. I also got some lunch to eat on the go.

Jesters hot chips


I also went to an Asian supermarket in the city to see if I could find some of that crab flavoured seaweed snack that my friend at work had bought for me to try. No luck. However, they had a 'seafood' flavoured type so I bought that.

Back at home, I went out to check on my garden. Some of my tomatoes will be ripe for the picking by the time I get back next week!

For dinner, I went back to my friend's place and reheated the bun bo hue I'd bought from Tra Vinh in Northbridge after stopping at the Asian supermarket.

My friends arrived home earlier than I expected - I handed over the keys and made my way home to enjoy a night's sleep in my own bed before I have to fly out to Geraldton tomorrow.

No comments: