Thursday 19th Feb '09

I managed to drag myself out of bed to get ready for work today despite my throat being so sore. Before heading off, I went outside to water my plants. I was met with the lovely sight of a zucchini flower in bloom.

there are little ants marching in and out of the centre of the flower

horned mustard plants popping up from seeds


I have to say, it was rather quiet at work without my usual chatty self. I couldn't wait to go home.

Dinner
Sirloin with Garlic, Chilli & Mushroom Butter
Orange & Fennel Salad


I had half a fennel bulb left in the fridge so used it in this delicious salad. I used orange, fennel, red onion, avocado and mixed lettuce. Not wanting to mask the flavours of the orange and fennel, I just drizzled some olive oil over the salad instead of making a dressing.

After dinner, I made some stuffed baby eggplants to take to Noel and Fleurette's place tomorrow night.

Stuffed Baby Eggplants

  1. Halve baby eggplants and scoop out some flesh with a spoon.
  2. Lay eggplant halves on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast in oven until browned and softened.
  3. In some olive oil, sautee some chopped onion and crushed garlic until softened.
  4. Add some ground cumin and ground coriander and stir for a few minutes.
  5. Add chopped eggplant flesh, mushrooms and tomato.
  6. Add a splash of water or chicken/vegetable stock and allow mixture to simmer gently. Keep adding a splash of water/stock if it starts to dry out.
  7. Fill the eggplant halves with this mixture.


I intended to serve these warm with some melted cheese.

Supper
Bee Hoon Soup


My throat is so sore!!

No comments: