Thursday 22nd Jan '09

It’s official...I have Italian wine pulsating through my veins.

My homemade Sundried Tomatoes


Tonight Jocelyn and her boyfriend are going to be home for dinner. Usually they eat what my mum has made or they call up and put in a special request with her. Since Mum isn’t home, Jocelyn asked me yesterday,

“Hey, David’s coming over for dinner tomorrow night. Can you cook something yummy?”

Can I?

Lamb Shanks


Oh my god, I have certainly outdone myself this time. I’m not joking...even I was impressed with the way this dish turned out!! Last time I made shanks, I loosely followed a recipe I found – basically onion, garlic, parsnips, carrots, and red wine and water to simmer all the vegetables and shanks. Tonight I thought I’d make some changes.

I’m sure I’ve posted the recipe on my blog so I won’t bore you with the details. I pretty much stuck to how I made it last time, except this time I added some sliced celery and potatoes. Instead of using red wine and water, I used some Campbell’s beef stock and red wine. I also added some dried rosemary, fresh sprigs of thyme and a can of whole tomatoes, which I just squashed to release the juices inside but left them pretty much whole.



The Verdict: MAMMA MIA!

Doesn’t the photo just speak for itself!?

It looks like a photo from a recipe book or food magazine!

No comments: