Sunday 3rd May '09

DAY SIXTEEN – AT SEA


Lunch - Buffet at Horizon Court
soup, corn salad, pasta, roast beef & gravy


I loved the corn salad. The corn was juicy and the dressing light and spicy. Yum!

I found balloons in my room a few days ago to mark the occasion of my birthday that I had requested to be celebrated while onboard the cruise.


Tonight’s dinner was absolutely amazing!

Appetiser: homemade gravlax


Entree: escargot


Try as I might, I could not convince Noel or Fleurette to try one of these delicious little suckers.

Main: lobster tail & fillet of Monkfish


Dessert: escargot


That's right, I did not make a mistake of repeating myself. While everyone else was digging into their desserts of cake and sorbet, I ordered a second serve of escargot. I ate it with some crusty bread, butter and lots of the garlicky herb butter.

After dinner, Noel, Fleurette, Grant, Julia and I went to the Vista Lounge to watch the comedy hypnotist. We had tried to get into the show last night but it had packed out and we couldn't get a seat. Tonight we rushed over to the lounge straight from dinner and got good seats near the front. Despite not having the aid of some Dutch courage, I went up on stage to volunteer myself. I've always wanted to be hypnotised and tonight was my opportunity!

I have to say, I was pretty disappointed. Even though I felt rather relaxed just closing my eyes on stage and imagining I was elsewhere, I didn't for once feel the slightest impulse to do anything of the things the hypnotist was suggesting that I do. I didn't think it was working on me but I wasn't told to leave the stage so I did feel pretty stupid just having a nap up there in the spotlight. Afterwards, Noel told me that he didn't think any of us volunteers were hypnotised tonight. Ah well, at least we tried it. Perhaps I'll try a Vulcan mind meld next time...

As everyone headed off to bed, I caught up with the whole of Amante in theWheelhouse where we had a few drinks together.

Andy and me


Gladys and me


Reuben and me


Jerry and Brad #1


Some of us went for supper afterwards and then retired for a relatively early night.

my cabin room number and 'mailbox'

No comments: