Sunday 10th May '09

Yes, today I slept in again. I'm using the jet lag excuse (even though Hawaii is only six hours ahead of Perth time).

I went to Ling and Shallen's place to pick up all my plants in the afternoon.

With my herbs back in the garden, I got busy in the kitchen - Aah it's great to be back.

Dinner
Penne with Chorizo & Capers


Later in the evening, I went to Benoit and Ivy's place. We went for coffee in Mount Lawley (I forget the name of the cafe). Still in my mood for sweets, we ordered a few slices of cake to share.



Afterwards, I picked up Pinchy and my newborn guppy fry and headed home.

I spent some time setting up the tank with Pinchy in it. He's grown so big since I last saw him! As I was about to turn the lights out and head to bed, I spotted a baby guppy in the tank with the other fish. Oh my god! One of the mummies has gone into labour!

I immediately inspected my pregnant female guppies to see if I could identify which one it was and it obvious. She was so plump and she'd taken on a squarish form. I scooped her up and put her into the divider container and made a cup of tea to watch the miracle happen.

An hour later...nothing.

0200hrs - still nothing. She's looking uncomfortable and is thrashing around a bit but all that's coming out is poo.

0230hrs - Hurrah! Mummy started popping those fry out.

No comments: