Thursday 7th May '09

DAY TWENTY – FLYING HOME


After an hour’s nap, I got up and finished packing. I boiled some water and made breakfast to eat before heading to the airport. Now I’m not a fan of instant noodles and when I do eat them, I only eat the ‘mee goreng’ type. However, I thought I’d try this one that I found at one of the stores last night.

Hot & Spicy Instant Noodles


I actually quite liked them! The flavour was awesome! It’s a pity I was in such a rush and only got to eat half of it before I headed out the door.

at the airport waiting for check-in to open


’one of these things is not like the others...’


We flew Jetstar from Honolulu to Sydney. On the plane – yep you guessed it – I ordered the hot meal!

pumpkin ravioli in a creamy sauce & fruit salad


Being a ten hour flight, I got hungry soon after.

cup of noodles


Then I got hungry again.


another cup of noodles and a banana


When we landed in Sydney, we waited over an hour to disembark the plane while quarantine officers came onboard to question those passengers who had said they had symptoms of the flu - there has been an outbreak of Swine Flu and Australia is taking precautions to prevent the spread of this new strain. When we were finally allowed to get off, we had to grab our luggage and transfer to another terminal to fly to Perth on Virgin. I found a food court and ordered dinner. I know! I was amazed with myself at how much I ate too!

beef noodle soup with bee hoon & vegetables


We didn’t have to wait too long to board the plane for the last leg of our journey.



pumpkin soup


Yes, I know you’re all laughing but not surprised =P

But wait...there’s more!

Once I got home, I showered and got into comfy pyjamas and headed for the kitchen.

chicken & vegetable soup with risoni



I can’t believe our holiday has come to an end! I had a really fantastic time and we all got along so well! I can’t thank Noel and Fleurette enough for thinking of me to invite me along and share in this adventure. We’ve made some wonderful memories that we’ll forever cherish and I like to think that friendships grow stronger after travelling together and spending time together day in and day out. I love you guys =)

No comments: