Tuesday 16th June '09

It turns out that Andrea was planning to go to IKEA yesterday after work so she was able to help me get more of the wine rack shelves to complete my new wine cupboard. I got home from work and put the shelves in. I stood back and grinned as I inspected this amazing piece of furniture.

it will hold seventy-two bottles!


Dinner
Scotch Steak with Mushroom & Peppercorn Gravy
Rocket with Balsamic Dressing


Dinner was really quick to put together. I cooked the steak and while it rested, I used the remainder of the peppercorn gravy from last night to make tonight's gravy. I added some mushrooms and a bit more water as it had gotten really thick.

Tonight was the first dance class that Ivy and I were to be going to. I was feeling the onset of a cold and debated whether to stay home or go. My throat was starting to burn and I was feeling sniffly. In the end, I decided I'd rug up with a scarf and go or else it would be something else I'd be procrastinating. I've always wanted to take a dance class. I really enjoyed it when I did it in year 7 as part of compulsory 'physed' class.

The class was actually a lot of fun! It was great to see Keith and Angela from the cruise (to Hawaii) and they make the class really easy to follow. We learnt some steps to four dances...the slow rhythm, rhumba, waltz, and rock and roll. I should practice a bit or else I'm going to forget them! Especially because the next class is in two weeks time.

Back at home, I felt hungry after the exercise. I could feel my calf muscles had been stretched and hoped they wouldn't be too sore tomorrow.

Supper
Bee Hoon soup with Yong Tau Foo


When I made the stuffed chillies and tofu the other night for the steamboat at Ling and Shallen's place, I made sure to make alot spare so that I could keep it in the freezer. I chopped some fresh spring onions and had these tonight instead of the deep fried shallots since my throat was sore.

No comments: