Monday 24th August '09

Dinner
Scotch Steak with Garlic & Thyme
served with Rocket & Suede and Carrot Mash

The mash was light and I loved the texture - it wasn't a puree. The peppery rocket complimented it. So healthy!


Penfold's Thomas Hyland 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon


I love jelly. I haven't had it for a while. I especially love finishing off a buffet meal with a few serves of jelly. I bought a few screwtop plastic containers from the supermarkets to make some jelly fruitcups to take to work for morning tea.

First, I scooped some canned fruit salad into the containers.

I poured the jelly (port wine flavour in this case) and refridgerated the jelly.


This is a real cost effective snack.

Speaking of cost effective...

I have been busy these past few weeks with what is probably the biggest decision of my life to date. I have entered the world of real estate and am in the process of purchasing my own house. Well, a chunk of land actually, with plans to build my own home on it. I'm going to start a new separate blog - Saz the Builder - to document my experiences in becoming a new home owner. I hope you have time to check it out...at this point in time I have not yet started posting on it, but will get to it very soon.

No comments: