Thursday 30th July '09

AARGHH!!!

Here's how my night went:

[1215hrs] Paged by Mercy Hospital to phone someone back. I phoned them and was told 'oh it's ok, it's not urgent.' Grrr

[1230hrs] Paged by SJOG Hospital at Subiaco and had to drive in to work.

[0215hrs] Arrived back home and got back into bed.

[0300hrs] Paged by Hollywood Hospital and had to drive in to work.

[0310hrs] Paged by SJOG Hospital at Subiaco while enroute to Hollywood Hospital so drove to Subiaco to pick up the work and took it to the lab at Hollywood Hospital to run.

[0520hrs] Arrived home, took two panadeines and crawled into bed. I decided if they paged me again, I would have to tell them I couldn't go in since I was doped up on codeine.

So...that's my night out on call. Needless to say, I woke up with a hammering headache and popped a few more panadeines before laying back down in bed. I pretty much slept most of the day away. I called in sick - I could barely even make the call. I came so close to getting my Mum to call for me because everytime I sat up with my phone, I felt the urge to throw up. Throw up what though? I hadn't eaten anything all day.

I finally woke up at 6:30pm and shuffled to the fish tank where I sat there for a while just looking at the fish and resisting the urge to throw up. Whether I could keep it down or not, I had to eat something so that I could take some stronger painkillers.

I had a small bowl of soup and then spent the next half hour back and forth between the toilet and my bed.

Another hour later, I felt well enough to sit up. Mum made me some rice porridge. She made it with spring onions and pieces of chicken. I ate it with some pieces of ham that she cut up for me and some salted preserved beancurd. I don't know why, I just felt like I really needed something salty. I felt a bit better after two bowls - yes it's always a good sign when I regain my appetite. I got back into bed straight after and drifted in and out of sleep.

Simba was such a little darling throughout the day. I remember waking up in the afternoon and feeling some pressure against my side. It turned out to be him, sleeping beside me. He spent the whole night with me to keep me company. Even when Mum called for him to go sit with her while she watched TV, he stayed with me. It's nice to know he cares. He doesn't talk, but he shows that he loves me through his actions.

No comments: