Monday 7th December '09

I didn't manage to get much sleep last night either...so I called in sick when I woke up with a headache.

Even after turning the alarm off, I could only manage a few hours of sleep.

I spent most of the day just veging at home. I haven't been grocery shopping in a while and all I have are vegetables in the fridge. Although Jocelyn hasn't been home much, Mum's still been cooking. So...I've been eating what she's cooked. It's kinda sad to think that it won't be long until I move out and Mum's going to get lonely.

Mum's friend gave her some sweet potato leaves and I now know how much work is involved in preparing them! You have to wash the leaves carefully since they grow pretty close to the ground and are covered in soil. The stems need to peeled too.

But it's all worth it in the end.



Dinner
Mum's Sweet Potato Leaves with Sambal
& Steamed Fish

No comments: