**I used half a red onion because it was in the fridge and I wanted to use it up.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the olive oil and spices for the marinade. No specific measurements, just sprinkle in some of each. Use enough olive oil so that the spices can be mixed thoroughly.
- Heat 1 Tbn olive oil in a heavy based casserole dish and fry the chicken for abought 30 seconds each side to seal the pieces. Set aside.
- In the same casserole dish, saute the onion.
- Once softened, add the garlic, celery, carrot and capsicum. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the white wine to deglaze, then add the can of crushed tomatoes.
- Add the chilli flakes, chicken stock and season with cracked black pepper.
- Allow to come to the boil and simmer gently for a few minutes.
- Return the chicken pieces to the sauce, making sure to push the pieces down into the sauce.
- Place lid on casserole dish and put into oven for about forty minutes.
I served this with mashed potatoes, but you could opt for polenta, cous cous, or even rice. If I had some, I would have garnished with some fresh parsley.