Wednesday 28th April 2010

Breakfast
Herbert Adam's Mini Quiche Lorraine

I warmed these up in the microwave for about two minutes and ate them in the car on the way to work.

Lunch at Work
Herbert Adam's Beef Pies


After work I drove over to Vernon's place to have dinner with them. We went grocery shopping and everyone pitched in to help out.

Homemade Garlic Bread


I peeled a kilo of banana prawns and marinated them with various things Vincent pulled out of the pantry. From memory, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, honey. We grilled them on the sandwich press.

So good! I would have been happy to eat these with just a bowl of plain steamed rice. We had the garlic bread and the prawns first to stave our hunger and then Victoria and I got stuck into getting the main course ready.

I bought eight pieces of chicken thighs that were on clearance. We decided to prepare the chicken in two ways.

We did half with Nando's peri peri sauce...


...and the other half I marinated with a mixture of olive oil, Portuguese chicken spices, salt, pepper and crushed garlic. We packed this chicken and vegetables into containers so that we'd all have lunch for tomorrow.

Dinner
Roasted Chicken Thighs in Nando's Peri Peri Sauce
served with lots of roasted Potatoes, Carrots and Garlic.


Victoria made us some expressos with a hint of chocolate.

No comments: