Saturday 7th August 2010

I had a bit of a sleep in this morning, yanked back the covers and got ready to head out for what would turn out to be a full on day.


REGAL ON ROE SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
20 Roe Street, Northbridge

I've been here a few times and today I was especially pleased with the food. The way I judge the food at dim sum is based on two dishes.

The chicken feet and the steamed prawn dumplings.


Both were really good today! I was very happy. There was also no crowd of people outside waiting for a table. Usually this is a sign that the restaurant isn't so good, but I think it was just because we were a bit early. The tables around us filled pretty quickly within half an hour of us being there.

I love my chicken feet.


It just got better when we got to the counter to pay - it came out to only $12.50 per person.


We took a stroll through the city mall so I could get my watch battery replaced and we stopped for bubble tea at Easy Way.

I had the taro flavoured tea with sago. It was purple!!
I think I squealed when I saw it.



We drove into East Perth for a light lunch and coffee. I couldn't help smiling as I reminisced the day we kayaked from the Causeway to East Perth. Trekking into the cafe in our wet, sandy clothes and kayak oars. Good times.


THE ROYAL
60 Royal Street, East Perth


Ivy and Benoit shared the Rocky Road Chocolate Cheesecake.


I had the Chicken Liver, Pancetta & Brandy Parfait
with a Redcurrant & Port Glaze
and served with thinly sliced and toasted Turkish Bread - $10


The parfait was absolutely delicious!
I washed it down with a cool, crisp glass of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.


Testing out my 'macro' and 'infinity' modes on my camera.



Next, we drove to South Perth with the intention of having a coffee somewhere but when we parked the car, we were all suddenly hit with lethargy and just sat in the car for about half an hour. Resting.

We decided to call it a day, but as I was driving home, I thought it would be a waste of a drive to get home, only to have to drive back out again because I had dinner plans in South Perth. So, I changed directions and drove to Marissa's place and had a nice little catchup with her and Teresa.


THE WINDSOR HOTEL
128 Mill Point Road, South Perth

A few of the girls and I, from the lab I used to work in, caught up over dinner tonight. We were all eager to hear what's been going on in each other's lives. It honestly doesn't really feel like we've each gone our separate ways yet. It just feels as if we're on different shifts.

Wedges with Aioli, Sour Cream & Sweet Chilli Sauce - $9.5


Sourdough Garlic Bread - $8.5



Marcel Marceau - brie cheese, smoked bacon,
rosemary and garlic potato, fresh rocket - $22.5


No Bones - roast pumpkin, cashews, spinach,
roasted capsicum, feta, fresh basil and artichokes - $21.5


What an awesome night but it totally tipped me over my budget for this week!

No comments: