Thursday 16th September 2010

At the supermarket today, I was looking for a piece of scotch fillet for dinner. I finally settled on a piece of porterhouse as it was cheaper than the scotch fillet.

Then...I came across this pack of six pieces of scotch fillet that had been marked down from $28.85 to only $13.13. Too good to be true.

And it was.

I had a piece for dinner and it was quite tough despite having it medium rare. It leads me to believe that perhaps this 'Market Value' is an inferior budget range. I don't buy the 'Budget' range of meat because I know it's inferior in quality, so I think I maybe have to be weary of this 'Market Value' range from now on.

Seasoned with olive oil, sea salt, cracked black pepper and fresh rosemary.


A glass of shiraz from Margaret River to accompany dinner.


Scotch Fillet with Creamy Green Peppercorn Sauce
served with steamed Broccoli and roasted Carrots & Potatoes

No comments: