Saturday 15th January 2011

TAPAS NIGHT AT LING & SHALLEN'S

We gathered tonight to have a tapas style dinner. We each prepared a few dishes of nibbly goodies.

I prepared some Corn & Shallot Blini with Smoked Trout & Cream Cheese.


Last night I made the batter and cooked the little mini pancakes so that they would be ready to assemble tonight after work. They tasted good! I had to resist eating more!

They taste so good right out of the pan!


I also brought some Rosemary & Sea Salt Roasted Potatoes.


Ling made this awesome Kim Chi Omelette.


Meatballs!


We had a plate of various sausages...


...and Kong also brought some!


Dipping sauces and various antipasto.


The piece de resistance was Kong's Fish Paste Toast! I thought it was prawn toast - the kind you can order in a Chinese restaurant, but he said that he had thought to try it with fish paste. It definitely was a success!!

I took all the leftovers and ate a few pieces each day for the next several days!


No comments: