Thursday 13th January 2011

THURSDAY PICNIC AT WORK

Today we all brought in various things to make rolls and wraps with for lunch. Check out the spread!

I tried to eat as much as I could by making half combinations on my roll.


Same with my wrap - a bit of everything!


Everyone was in love with the gorgonzola and fruit mince on crackers.


After an afternoon of cutting frozen sections at work (cutting very thin slices of lymph nodes and staining them to check them for cancerous cells), I really felt like a steak for dinner. Yes, while this sort of work has turned most people into vegetarians, or at least put them off their meat for a while, it makes me hungry and want to eat meat. Go figure.

Dinner
Scotch Steak with Mushroom & Green Peppercorn Gravy
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes with Butter & Steamed Asparagus Spears


I made the gravy by adding some butter and beef stock to the pan juices, adding the green peppercorns and mushrooms, then thickening it up with some plain flour.

No comments: