Friday 1st July 2011

I woke up early this morning to cook breakfast for myself before heading to work.

I sliced mushrooms, red capsicum and diced some onion.


Three eggs, some milk, water and a handful of mozzarella.


Served with some torn basil leaves.



Dinner
Instant Ramen - out of a pot

Yep, I don't have any soup bowls so I had to eat my noodles out of the pot that I cooked them in. It reminded me of the days in high school when I used to heat up a can of soup in a small pot and eat it straight from the pot infront of the computer.

I'm having a dinner party tomorrow and have to work during the day so I decided to make the dessert tonight.

Apple and pear crumble.

I used to make crumble often but not so much these days. It's a gorgeous dessert to eat warm with warm custard or ice cream.

I cooked peeled, sliced Granny Smiths and pears with some brown sugar and cloves until they were soft and poured them into a baking dish.

I made the crumble with plain flour, rolled oats and some butter that I kneaded together until it resembled bread crumbs. I poured the crumble mixture over the fruit and baked it in the oven at 180C for about twenty minutes.


I'll keep the crumble in the fridge overnight and reheat it in the oven tomorrow when it's time for dessert.

No comments: