Sunday 31st July 2011

I woke up early today and sent messages out to a few friends to see if they were free. I was in the mood for dim sum and some company. I really didn't think anyone would be free at such late notice but I was in luck! Pretty soon they came over and we decided to stay in and have steamboat for lunch!

We've never done steamboat for lunch together before. It's always been a dinner thing for us so it was a nice change. Instead of eating too much and then rolling onto the couch, we ate too much and then decided to head to Bunnings.


SPAGHETTI VONGOLE WITH CAPERS

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tbsn olive oil
  • 1 Tbsn butter
  • 1/4 large brown onion, finely diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely diced or crushed
  • 2 tspn dried chilli flakes
  • splash of dry white wine
  • 1/4 cup cooking cream
  • 1 cup vongole (clam) meat
  • 1 Tbsn capers
  • al dente spaghetti

    Method:
    1. Heat oil and butter in pan.
    2. Sautee onion, garlic and chilli flakes until softened.
    3. Add white wine to deglaze and then stir in cream.
    4. Throw in clams and cook for a few minutes.
    5. Add spaghetti and capers and toss until coated in sauce.
    I also threw in a handful of sliced mushrooms to top up my daily vegetable intake!

    I also made some Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
  • No comments: