Monday 19th September 2011

Last night I was doing the dishes while watching Jamie Oliver in TV. He was making a Thai red curry, which inspired me to do the same. It just so happened that I had finally brought my little mini processor home from Mum's place and after being used in Dunsborough to make Benoit's chilli crab, it's time to put it to some good use in my kitchen!

It's also not every day that I have all the fresh ingredients available!

I rummaged around for all the ingredients that I thought I would need:

Lemongrass
Ginger
Onion
Garlic
Kaffir Lime Leaves
Sea Salt
Birds Eye Chillies
Soy Sauce
Fish Sauce
Sesame Oil
Coriander

Using the mini processor, I blended all the ingredients together to form a paste - a really aromatic paste!

I fried the paste off with some olive oil in my Le Creuset pot. I then added some diced beef, potatoes and carrots and cooked it for a few minutes. The aroma was soooooo delicious!

I added a can of coconut milk, brought it to the boil and added some fresh curry leaves from Mum's house.

Simmer on low heat for about an hour and it's done.

Awesome awesome awesome.

I had actually intended for it to be a red curry but I didn't have any tomato paste so it ended up being a green curry!

No comments: