Saturday 24th September 2011

BAMBOO - Authentic Singapore Cuisine
Shop 5, 113 Collins Road, Willetton

I have wanted to try this restaurant for a long time but whenever we're in the area, we usually opt for the Japanese restaurant, Yuki. We caught up with the newlyweds, Teresa and Choy, for dinner tonight!

The restaurant was busy and bustling as it always seems to be when I walk past. We had to wait a short while our table was getting cleaned for us but we didn't mind as we could see how busy it was inside and it gave us a chance to catch up a bit outside.

Teresa and Choy did the ordering for us as this is now their favourite Chinese restaurant. So much so that they had their wedding reception there!

I was so hungry, I could (and would) eat anything!

We were given a complimentary starter of salt and pepper squid (or was it fish? I can't remember!) - how nice!

For entrees we shared:

Satay Chicken with Peanut Sauce


and San Choi Bao.

Our mains soon followed:

Sweet and Sour Fish


Roast Chicken


Roast Duck

I know, this photo is a bit blurry. I had to reach over to take the photo and couldn't hold the camera steady enough!


Tofu with Crab and Spinach


Char Kueh Teow

I really liked the sweet and sour fish. The sauce was fantastic and the fish was fried perfectly in a really light batter. The Roast duck was also a standout - lots of meat!

I took all the leftovers home! Woo!

No comments: