Wednesday 12th October 2011

I came across these lamb shoulder steaks at the shops yesterday and thought they looked lean and fresh. Not to mention they were really affordable at only $8.99 per kilo!

I marinated them overnight in the fridge with red wine, rosemary, garlic, sea salt and pepper. They would have been soaking in the marinade for close to twenty-four hours!

I panfried the steaks and then put them aside to rest. Into the pan I poured the leftover red wine marinade and brought it to the simmer. I then added a few spoonfuls of plain flour to thicken it up and make it into a sauce.

Lamb Steaks with a Red Wine, Rosemary & Garlic Gravy
with Rosemary Baked Potatoes and steamed Corn off the Cob

Wow, it was an awesome dinner. The lamb was so tender and the sauce was amazing. I was able to get the marrow out of the bones with a toothpick. Yum! I need to keep an eye out for these lamb shoulder steaks again!

No comments: