Tuesday 31st July 2012

Lunch
Homemade Char Siew Roll

I love those Vietnamese rolls you can get from the Asian grocers in Northbridge. I haven't had one for years, but I made my own version if I can get my hands on some char siew. I saw some pork fillet on special at the shops the other day so I decided to try making my own. I bought a packet of the marinade from the Asian supermarket. It comes in powder form and you add water to it and marinate the pork overnight. I then roasted it and then sliced it up. Not bad! It tastes exactly like char siew, just without the bright red colour. Mum has the colouring for it at home...she used to make her own char siew.

Afternoon Snack at Work
Thai Green Chicken Curry

Oh my...the curry paste I made for this last night turned out to be the best I've made. Ever. I hope I can recreate it since I don't cook using measurements. I cook to feel and taste, so my concoctions always turn out slightly differently.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten my truffles...

Dinner
Linguine with Bacon, Asparagus and Mushrooms in a Creamy Sauce with Black Truffle

No comments: