Saturday 25th August 2012

BALLINGUP MEDIEVAL CARNIVALE 2012

We couldn't have asked for more gorgeous weather today as we took a stroll back to the Medieval world. We packed a picnic and bought fresh bread from the markets.


Later that day, we headed back to Donnybrook and had dinner in the tavern. The garlic bread was awesome - Turkish bread sliced lengthwise and covered in cheese and garlic butter.

My steak dinner was terrible. I asked for it medium rare but it came out well done and tough as a shoe. For $35, I sent it back and copped attitude from the backpacker waitress who insisted it was medium rare. After almost an hour of waiting, I got a new steak cooked but it was just as well done. Not happy Jan. I ate the mashed potatoes (which were really good) and had to go back to our motel room to eat potato chips.

No comments: