5 Days

Dear Diary,

Well I've had a very busy 5 days off (still one more day to go!).

Wednesday: I really don't remember what I did that night! I must have had a quiet one at home with a glass of 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc Merlot - really really reaaaaaally good drop!

Thursday: Went to the Flying Pantsman (Scotsman) and it turned out to be karaoke night!! Was hilarious. Drank Stella pints.

Friday: Had a coffee date with a guy I met over rsvp.com - he turned out to be really nice and friendly. I'd really like to see him again. In the evening went to a friend's for pizza and then we all headed out to the Shed. Had an okay time but it was the band's last gig and so their third set was just all instrumentals and ballads. I took on a guy when he was making fun of one of my new friends and he backed off. I guess I can look mean and tough when I want to. I could have taken him. *flexes muscles*

Saturday (tonight): Had nothing to do since everyone had their own plans so tagged along with a heavy metal friend to crash a party in Trigg beach. Man was that a weird party!! I felt completely out of place except the Crownie in my hand. There were a couple of guys in animal suits. The girls were um...*ahem*.. We watched the first band perform in the tiny little lounge room and they were pretty good. Well at least I enjoyed it. But then there was an intermission before the next band and we went out the back. We found a balcony/tree house sorta thing that someone had built out the back and went up there and watched the crowd. I got hungry and luckily my friend was too so we headed off to KFC down the road and then couldn't be bothered returning to the party.

Sunday (well since it's now 3:00am it's today!): Going to high tea at the Hyatt with some girls from work and then to cocktails afterwards. After that who knows! I think I need to detox after this stretch of partying. All i wanna do is curl up in bed and watch tv. Or just stare at the ceiling.

Ok...I think my computer is tired now too coz it's lagging as I type. One more week of work (in biochemistry of all departments!!) and then several days to organise and finalise everything before I head off to the states. I'm feeling really nervous and excited at the same time.

Ok..bed time =)

No comments: