All About August

Okay...I've arrived home from work (made a quick drop-in to have some cheese and crackers with a few pots of tea with Ben) and uploaded my latest lot of photos onto my computer. As i was going through them, I became inspired (and hungry) and just couldn't resist posting some of my latest FOOD SAFARI's on my blog immediately.

These are the main highlights of August:

Saturday August 11th '07

Marissa, Teresa and I decided that instead of heading out for high tea, we'd make our own. With enough food for about twenty people, our delicious spread included homemade savoury scones; homemade cake; finger sandwiches; mini quiches and pies; pikelets with jam and cream; toasted foccaccias; and strawberries dipped in chocolate.



Wednesday August 22nd '07
Tonight Marissa, Teresa and I decided on having a Turkish themed dinner. We got our inspiration from watching the Food Safari dvds the night before and in a short time after work managed to whip up a potato, tomato, onion and rosemary bake; lamb kofta; carrot dip; beetroot dip; a fennel salad; and some sort of dish that resembles couscous that I can't remember the name of.

Friday August 31st '07

Marissa, Teresa and I - AGAIN - making our own flavoured ice cream this time! We cheated by buying vanilla ice cream and just adding things in to create the flavours we wanted. We made the following flavours:
Mango & Coconut ~ Green Tea & Coconut ~ Cardamom & Rose

Saturday August 1st '07

My mum came with me to Marissa's house to make dinner for us. We had a whole steamed Red Emperor fish the Asian way (i.e. the fish is steamed with ginger, soy sauce, fresh tomato etc). We finished dinner off with the ice cream we had made the night before!

Ok...that's it for the month of August. It's 3:30am and I am happy with what I've managed to do tonight =)

*waddles off to bed*

No comments: