October So Far...

And more exploits...

Tuesday 2nd October '07
After working the long weekend, I thought it was time I spoiled myself at the start of my days off from work. I had lobster with garlic butter and some vegetables roasted in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Accompanied by a glass of wine of course!




Saturday 6th October '07

Went out for dinner with Ben, Sarah, Noel, Jeff, Thuan & Hua at Viet Hoa. Afterwards, Noel and I headed back to Ben and Sarah's for some dessert. I made a 'muesli crunch' by layering mixed berries, natural yoghurt and muesli. Did someone say 'healthy'?






Wednesday 10th October '07

I stayed home tonight and made myself dinner. It consisted of roasted vegies with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and rosemary; rosemary, thyme & chilli crumbed lamb chop; and an entree of fresh natural oysters with a dollop of salmon roe caviar and lemon. Yes...I do spoil myself. Well someone has to! =)



Friday 12th October '07

It all started when Kong, Ling, Shallen and I were out having dinner at In Contro in South Perth. Ling ordered an awesome lamb shank pie and the light bulb popped up above my head and I suggested we have a PIE NIGHT. Soo...we did!!




Ling & Shallen - Chicken & Vegetable Pies in the ramikins
Yen Chen - 'Upside-Down Pie' with Tuna and Vegies
Saz - Lamb Shepherds Pie
Kong - Applie Pie for dessert

I also experimented with some vanilla ice cream the night before. I lined some ramikins with baking paper (ran out of gladwrap) and filled them with the ice cream. I crumbed some chocolate biscuits and put a layer of this over the ice cream and put the ramikins into the freezer overnight. When everyone was over, I tipped out the ice creams (so that the chocolate biscuit becomes a base) and made some mixed berry coulis to drizzle over them. We enjoyed them with Kong's apple pies. My mum liked them so much, Kong made more the next evening and brought them over for her =)

We have our IRON CHEF night approaching this weekend. Stay tuned!!


No comments: