Thursday 15th Nov '07

Today I got up and spent some time in the kitchen preparing some food to take to work for the night shift. I made:

Pasta with Smoked Salmon, Mushrooms & Zucchini

Balsamic Roasted Vegetables


I absolutely love using my mum's Turbo Broiler for roasting my vegetables. Here's the ridiculously simple recipe:

    Balsamic Roasted Vegetables

  1. Cut Vegetables into roughly the same size.
  2. Place vegetables into an ovenproof dish (you may want to lightly oil the dish so the vegies don't stick).
  3. In a little container (with a lid), pour some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Cover with the lid and shake gently to combine.
  4. Drizzle the mixture over the vegetables.
  5. Bake in oven ~180C for approximately 45 minutes.
I tend to use potato, carrot, zucchini, onion and tomatoes. You can add a sprinkle of rosemary for that extra flavour, but if you're having a steak with seasoning you shouldn't have to add anything else.

No comments: