Tuesday 30th Oct '07

ROAST BEEF & VEGETABLES

Tonight when I came home from work I took Simba for a walk, did some exercise, and then set about preparing roast beef for dinner. I seasoned the roast with olive oil, fresh chopped garlic, rosemary, chilli and thyme (one of my favourite combinations of spices!). Our oven is currently being repaired so I used the electric frypan. The meat cooked for about an hour first, then the vegies were added and I drizzled the rest of the oil marinade (that I had used for the beef) over them. Later I added some red wine to reduce with the pan juices to make a yummy red wine jus.

Later that night I made some garlic prawns. I had peeled the prawns last night while watching TV and so they were ready to go. Olive oil, lots of garlic, basil, chilli, and some white wine.

No comments: