Monday 31st Dec '07

NEW YEARS EVE PARTY!

Tonight after work, I rushed over to Marissa's New Years Eve party at her new house. There was so much food! I brought over my karaoke system because I knew Marissa would have some fun with that.





I think Marissa is stealing peri peri sauce from Nando's


Reflection...
I honestly don't know where 2007 went. Albeit cliche and all, the year's just flown by. I kept myself busy trying to create a balance between work, my social life, and rest. I know I could work on my sleep habits but with the night shift, I just need those days where I sleep half the day away. With such a busy schedule, I find that nowadays I have less and less time to wallow in thought about where my life is headed and how I'm going to fulfil my goals - hell, I'm not even sure what some of my goals are anymore.

I do know that even though I complain about my family alot, I am slowly coming to terms with our differences and trying to be more tolerable at home. I think that my Dad is currently a very negative influence in my life and this year I may have to seriously think about how I'm going to go about finding my own place AND be able to still visit Europe. On a happier note, I am loving my friends more and more! It gives me such pride and gratefulness that sometimes I tear up to think how we've seen each other through the ups and been there for each other through the downs. With our busy lives it's impossible to see each other as often as we'd like, but you know you've got something special when it's been ten years and you're still going strong.

As for the lovelife...nothing much has changed. I'm comfortable with who I am and don't need a partner to make me feel whole. I just haven't met anyone that interests me yet. I am still wishing upon a star for that magical moment when I see him, and he sees me...and my heart will stop beating and I'll get butterflies just knowing I'm in the same room as him. Obviously, I still dream. If I met him, I would be ready to settle in a heartbeat. But for the time being, I am living my life and not going to settle for anything less than I deserve. I don't do new years resolutions but I do live by that mantra. I know I'll have children one day. Even if I have to go shopping for donor sperm, I'll get there when I'm ready. I do hope that I eventually find someone to share my life with. Someone to share my life with, not to complete it.

This year the emotional highlights would have to be saying goodbye to a longtime friend, dealing with several deaths in the family and seeing my beautiful friends Noel and Fleurette marry. That's what life is about, right? Getting through the tough times and enjoying the happy times. If we didn't have hardship and pain, how would we know what happiness is and how to appreciate it? I found this quote a few years ago but don't remember where from:

"The trouble with happiness is you don't know when you have it. You remember it."

I find it's getting more difficult and less common for me to have a really good laugh. I miss those days in highschool where we'd muck around and just laugh all day. Sure we have a laugh at work and when we're out, but those moments where we laugh so hard that we cry, are getting rarer.

Now I'm rambling...

Bring on 2008 - I'm ready. (I hope!)

No comments: