Sunday 10th Feb '08

SINGAPORE - DAY FIVE

Today I met up with my cousins and Christina for dim sum at the Cathay Pacific. Afterwards, I rushed over to the Fullerton Hotel to have the Tea Rhapsody with Marissa and Teresa. This high tea takes place every Sunday in the lobby of the Fullerton Hotel. They have a fantastic selection of little bites - ranging from hot to cold. There was a chef there making fresh crepes.

After our high tea, we went to Marina Square for some shopping. We discovered a little boutique store that had the most gorgeous dresses!! One in particular caught my eye and I juew knew I had to buy it when I tried it on.

We saw these in the window of a restaurant...

Starving, we made our way to Orchard Road and eventually made our way to the Food Republic food court for dinner. I had a craving for my beef noodles with tripe! I also bought Tau Sun and Ice Kachang for us to share.


Tutu! When we were much younger, you could buy these little snacks from street vendors but nowadays vendors are no longer around and it's so hard to track down these little goodies.

Having had enough, we headed back to our hotel. By now I was staying with Christina in her hotel room since her friend had left to go home to Perth early. She suggested we head out to a bar in Clarke Quay that's outfited like a medical clinic - hence its name CLINIC.

It was awesome!!! There were tables with wheelchairs instead of regular seats; little "cubicles"; surgical lights hung from the ceilings; and they served a few novelty drinks amongst the usual. We ordered some shots in syringes and a cocktail we drank from an IV drip. People were stopping to ask to take photos of us sucking away on the IV and "shooting up" on the syringes. I called Marissa to get her ass out of bed and join us.

No comments: