Monday 11th Feb '08

SINGAPORE - DAY SIX

Today we checked out of the Novatel and checked into the Sentosa Resort & Spa on Sentosa island. We got a gorgeous little room and quickly settled in before heading to the day spa just down the road.

This was the third time at the Spa Botanica for Marissa and I, and the first time for Teresa. We all had a therapeutic back massage and then met for lunch in the outdoor gazebo. We then took it in turns to have a coconut milk bath. Pure indulgence!! I made a fool of myself for getting caught with a pair of disposable knickers on my head by one of the spa staff though...the look on her face - priceless!

After the spa treatments, I went to meet up with Christina and our cousins, Lisa and Malcolm, for dinner. They took us to a local outdoor restaurant for chilli crab! We also had some fried bread dumplings that you use to dip in the chilli crab sauce. YUM! After dinner we went to get some dessert in a nearby hawker centre. I had grass jelly and Christina had ice kachang.

Back at the hotel, Teresa, Marissa and I had a drink in the pavilion bar and befriended the lounge singer, Angela. I ordered a 'French coffee' which turned out to be way too strong, as you can see in the photo!

Back in our room, we got the munchies and ordered room service. Creamy Asparagus soup and French Fries.

No comments: