Tuesday 12th Feb '08

SINGAPORE - DAY SEVEN

Today I had to return to the Furama City Centre Hotel to pick up a letter from management in order to get our refund for our cancellation. Afterwards, I barely was able to make it across the road from hunger to get something to eat. There were lots of stalls to pick from but I just honed in on the closest one - Duck Noodles.
Instead of heading back to the hotel, Christina had gotten in touch with me to meet up with her to go shopping for something for my mum. We met on Orchard Road and I spent the next few hours following her around, eating. I managed to finally get some Jellyfish Sushi!! Christina also finally got to show me the ice cream dumplings she'd been raving about from Mochi.
Later in the evening, we met up with my cousins and auntie for a seafood banquet. We had the traditional Lo Hei, which is shared on the seventh day of Chinese New Year. Traditionally, you have a dish with a selection of shredded vegetables, sauces and raw sliced fish. You mix the ingredients up with your chopsticks as high as you can while saying out loud 'lo hei' (for longevity) to bring in the new year. We didn't have raw fish in ours! But I love this dish - it's like a cold salad appetiser. Our banquet included Shark Fin Soup and Pepper Crab.

No comments: