Saturday 12th Apr '08

Today is a big day for food!

For lunch I found a recipe for Seafood Chowder online and it turned out awesome! I would love to make different types of soup more often but it's just such a hassle to get the blender out from the back of the cupboard and to take it apart and wash afterwards. But it's worth it!

I started by frying celery, onion, garlic, fennel and potatoes. Fish stock added, then the mixture blended and cream added to give it a creamy consistency. The soup is then reheated on the stove and diced snapper, prawns and scallops added. *smacks her lips*



Later tonight...

IRON CHEF NIGHT

Ingredient: TOFU


The contestants and dishes:

Kong: Tofu Spring Rolls

Ling & Shallen: 'My Pork' Tofu

Sarena: They're Spicy, They're hot,
They're my Chicken Tofu Pots!

Meng & Yen Chen: Rose Tofu Dessert with Sago & Lychee



And the winner is...*DRUM ROLL* Sarena!

No comments: