Saturday 19th Apr '08

GIRLS NIGHT OUT!

After work I went to Marissa's for some coffee and biscuits before we headed out for dinner. Mrs Pelle (Marissa's mum) had been over earlier during the day to make some homemade pasta which was hanging to dry. I've watched her making pasta before and I'd love to give it a go one day when I get around to purchasing my own pasta machine.


We went to the restaurant at the Broken Hill Hotel in Victoria Park. We were having dinner with Ellie, Debbie, Anna and Tash.


We skipped the entrees and just had a main. Most of us had the 'fish and chips' - Emperor Fillets while Anna and I had the Lime Seared Scallops with a mango and bok choy salad. I also had a side of the Mashed Potato which they served drizzled with olive oil and shaved parmesan.

For dessert, Anna had the Fig and Walnut Pudding (I think!??) and Debbie and I shared the Chocolate Panacotta. We both found it too rich and weren't able to even get through half of it. Disappointing.


Overall, we all had a great night and I'm looking forward to our next catchup.

No comments: