Saturday 3rd May '08

Today Mum was making rice porridge for lunch. Rice porridge is a staple meal for Asians and most weekends you will find my Mum making it for whoever is home to eat. The side dishes she usually makes to go with it is an egg omelette with onion and some sort of stirfry with vegetables. Today she made something different. She was frying strips of tofu until they were crisp and serving it with salted fish. Yum Yum Yum =P I would have eaten it had my Mum not made the rice porridge with sweet potato in it. I like my rice porridge plain. Yes, I could pick out the sweet potato but it takes the joy out of eating if you're sitting there picking things out of your food.

I used my leftover vegetables from the other night to make a soup. Garlic, onion, celery, fennel and potato. I sauteed it all in a pan, pureed it in a blender with a dollop of cream and then took some to work for dinner.

After work I came home and made wantan soup. This time I added some sambal oelek into the soup to make it spicy.

No comments: