Saturday 14th Jun '08

Today after work I joined the girls for our usual monthly/bi-monthly get-together. Tash organised to have us meet at Vincenzo's in Duncraig, at the Carine Glades shopping centre.

Entree:
arancini balls - Marissa and myself
bruschetta - Tash, Anna
garlic bread - Debbie, Eleanor


Mains:

Barramundi with mediteranean vegetables, prawns and salad
- Tash, Debbie and myself

Porterhouse with garlic prawns and salad
- Marissa, Eleanor and Anna


The fish was great - the serves were much too large but great value for your money! Those of us who ordered the porterhouses asked for them well-done but I guess the chef thought he knew better and sent them all out medium. They were cooked perfectly for medium steaks but Anna could not stomach it when her sauce started turning pink from the juices!

Later, when one of the waiters came by to see if everything was ok, Anna let him know how the steaks were all underdone. He came back with some chocolates for us - baci and those bouchere elephant chocolates. We all had such a great laugh when we saw the elephant chocolates were actually a few days past their expiry!!

All in all, the food was great and the alfresco area we sat in was warm and cosy. However, I was disgusted when the kitchen staff and some patrons went outside the plastic marquee to have a smoke right next to us. We could all smell the smoke and I had to wash my hair when I got home.

Deciding to call it a night, we said our goodbyes and look forward to our next meeting that Debbie will be organising.

I had left my car at Marissa's place and upon entering her home, Teresa cornered me into having a cuppa with them. I was going to have when I got home anyways, so I happily accepted the invitation. Teresa presented me with some cakes she had made. It tasted great!! It was some sort of little peach cake. She had made it to look like an actual peach. It looked gorgeous!


Having to work early the next day, I reluctantly made my way home.

No comments: