Sunday 15th Jun '08

I have been really happy with my first attempt at growing tomatoes from seeds! Last week I sowed the seeds in some seedling trays but kept them outside and after five days, there was no sign of growth. I did some reading online and the consensus is that the seeds require warmth to germinate. So...I sowed a few more seeds into the seedling trays (just in case the original seeds were no longer any good), wrapped them up in a large plastic bag and put them on the top of my computer tower. The reason being that my computer is on 24/7 so I could keep the trays warm with the radiating heat. After a few days, it worked!! I was ecstatic to see the little buds protruding from the soil. The photos below are of the seeds after four days.


I didn't need to cook dinner when I got home after work today. One of the girls at work had brought me some of her mum's delicious curry! They're from Sri Lanka and boy are the curries she and her mum make yummy!


Later at night, I made some pasta for supper.

Penne with Chorizo in a tomato sauce

No comments: